Saturday, July 31, 2010

THE DEVIL'S CLOSER THAN YOU THINK

I’ve always tried to be mindful and alert when it comes to the devil. He’s a crafty buzzard well known for running to and fro seeking whom he can devour. He comes in all shapes, sizes, and circumstances; known and unknown. Usually I’m a good judge of character; staying away from that which doesn’t mean me well. However, what do you do when the devil is closer than you think?

I was shocked when I receive a phone call from a close relative sharing what they thought would be disturbing news. Long story short one relative called to share that another relative had some very negative things to say about me. Things that took me by surprise, but didn’t leave me totally shocked because I’ve learned not to be surprised by the actions or thoughts of man. Apparently this relative feels that I’ve “gotten above myself,” that “I think I’m all that,” and that “I’m living above my means.” Hmmm did you think that when you needed a place to stay, or when you needed me to get you out of the mess that you’d gotten yourself in? Did you think that when you parked your car in a no parking zone and I had to pick you up AND pay for your car to be released? Did you think that at 1:00 in the morning when you called needing a ride or when you had a flat tire, no spare & no money to get it repaired? Tell me, did you feel like that when I dropped you and your car off AND paid for that too? Living above my means…what saddens me is knowing that my “relative” feels like this and it saddens me even more that they couldn’t talk to me about it. So the more I processed this I came to the conclusion that this is probably one person that’s not in my corner of elevation. Knowing that I now have to put this person in the same corner with people that I can’t trust saddened me because this corner is reserved for those that would rather tolerate me than celebrate with me. This corner is for those that have secretly harbored ill feelings against me in their hearts; those that hardened their hearts and refused to treat me like I treat them. These are the people that remind me of the song that says, “Smiling in my face all the time they want to take my place, backstabbers.” These are the people that the devil has used to walk in my home carrying havoc on the bottom of their shoes. You see the devil knows that the only way he can enter my home is if he’s invited and what better way to enter than to come in with a “friend” and what better “friend” than a relative.

When all was said and done I shared with my informant that I wasn’t angry nor was I upset. I knew that this would surprise them because back in the day I would have handled this a lot differently. I simply asked that they let them know that I received their message; coming from me these words alone would speak volumes. Nothing else was needed because you see everyone that REALLY knows me knows that being my friend is a lot better than being my foe. They know that once I take the trash out I don’t believe in bringing it back in. To my relative and/or "friends," life for me is simply this….I don’t think I’m all that, it’s you that think I’m all that. Need I say more? TGBTG

~Stay Prayed Up!! CLICK ON THE LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment