Wednesday, January 6, 2010

God is in the Small Stuff

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! WOW 2010!! It seems like only yesterday that I wrote my article The Brilliant Mind of Others to ring in 2009. Many of you know that my first article of the New Year is usually a revelation received for which I am always honored to be the vessel. Just looking back at the titles over the years says a lot about what I’ve learned: 2005 Enjoy the Fruits of Your Labor; 2006 ABLIEVR: 2007 Shake It Off; 2008 Life is too Darn Short. Last year God dropped into my spirit an amazing revelation while watching a Katt Williams DVD and from that The Brilliant Mind of Others was birthed. This year something as annoying as a beeping sound in my truck was the basis for the powerful message sent by God.

Long story short – Around the middle of last year I began to notice a beeping sound in my truck. It’s the same sound that is made when I start the ignition but leave the door open or my seat belt unfastened; a warning sound. Every time it came on I would pull over, exit, and go around opening and closing every door. In the beginning doing this worked but after a while it wouldn’t and the beeping continued continuously for about 2 or 3 minutes or until I pressed the reset button 2 or 3 times – annoying. Finally after putting two and two together I discovered that it only happened when it rained; apparently a short in the wiring. As it got closer to the truck being paid in full what started out as a problem only when it rained turned into an all the time problem. The few mechanics that I asked had no idea why it was doing this – a couple suggested a fuse, one agreed that it was possibly the wiring, but no one wanted to touch it. Frustrated and ticked off I was beginning to believe that the old saying is true, “Everything starts happening when it’s almost paid off.”When I couldn’t take it anymore I realized that I had two options – I could pray about it and hope that God hears me in the small stuff or I could take it to Ford and let them charge me an arm, a leg, and two fingers. Knowing how God likes to show off I decided to put Him to the test (hey He said it first...) My prayer was simple; something similar to the Faith Evans' song, "Lord I come to you I ask you to grant my request. The prayer I pray today is different from the rest..."

I don’t know exactly when it happened but in the beginning I thought it was just another fluke. I thought, okay, it’s a dry day and the sun has dried up the moisture that had shorted out the wire. Later that week it stormed; no beep. Another dry day and no beeping sound. This went on and on until I realized that God must have fixed the “small stuff.” I couldn’t believe it but in my heart I could because He’s just that kind of God. This was His way of showing me that what I think is small is just as important to Him. It was this “small stuff” that reminded me that all He asks is that we have faith the size of a mustard seed. So this year, 2010, take your big stuff and imagine that it’s small stuff and then give it to God ~ He’s listening and He’ll take care of it. TGBTG

~Stay Prayed Up!! CLICK ON THE LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment